The Montessori Wooden Object Permanence Box is a great tool that allows young children to develop:
- Their understanding that objects continue to exist even when they are not in view or heard.
- Their fine motor skills
- Their hand-eye coordination
- Their visual development as they track moving objects
- Their concentration skills
- Their cognitive development
- Their memory development.
According to Jean Piaget’s theory, object permanence is one of the important developmental milestones that children will learn during their first year. Recent research shows that babies start to understand object permanence between 4 and 8 months. However, it is important that you check your children’s readiness before purchasing this toy (whether they are able to sit up?). Most importantly, you must SUPERVISE your children AT ALL TIMES while they play with this educational toy as it contains small parts (a ball).
Montessori Toys for 0-2 Year Old Baby
The Montessori Object Permanence Box with Drawer consists of a wooden box with a hole on top into which the included ball can be dropped and then retrieved from the drawer.
Sensory aids for 8 months to 3 years old can exercise children’s hand-eye coordination through simple movements.
Object permanence box Features:
- This box is carefully made with smooth edges and hand-painted using non-toxic water-based paints. It meets Australian safety standards.
- Materials: Made from responsibly sourced wood
- Weight: 0.5kg
- Age Recommendation: 8 months+ with ADULT SUPERVISION AT ALL TIMES.
Source page: https://melliskids.au